Saturday, May 25, 2013

ISL 3 - Exercises

EXERCISES 1
Fill in the blank with the correct answers.

1. Today after I (get) get out of class, I (go) am going to go to a movie with some friends.

2. When you (arrive) arrive in Stockholm, call my friend Gustav. He (show) will show you around the city and help you get situated.

3. A: Do you know what you want to do after you (graduate) graduate?
        B: After I (receive) receive my Master's from Georgetown University, I (go) am going to go to graduate school at UCSD in San Diego. I (plan) plan to complete a Ph.D. in cognitive science.

4. If it (snow) snows this weekend, we (go) are going to go skiing near Lake Tahoe.

5. Your father (plan) plans to pick you up after school today at 3:00 o'clock. He (meet) is going to meet you across the street near the ice cream shop. If something happens and he cannot be there, I (pick) will pick you up instead.

6. If the people of the world (stop, not) do not stop cutting down huge stretches of rain forest, we (experience) will experience huge changes in the environment during the twenty-first century.

7. If Vera (keep) keeps drinking, she (lose, eventually) will eventually lose her job.

8. I promise you that I (tell, not) will not tell your secret to anybody. Even if somebody (ask) asks me about what happened that day, I (reveal, not) will not reveal the truth to a single person.

9. She (make) is going to make some major changes in her life. She (quit) is going to quit her job and go back to school. After she (finish) finishes studying, she (get) is going to get a better-paying job and buy a house. She is going to improve her life!

10. Tom (call) is going to call when he (arrive) arrives in Madrid. He (stay) is going to stay with you for two or three days until his new apartment (be) is available.


EXERCISE 2
Put in the verbs in brackets in the correct tenses.

Example: The weather ______ nice at the weekend. (to be)
Answer: The weather will be nice at the weekend.

1. I went to the cinema yesterday. (to go)
2. Peter will be 13 tomorrow.  (to be)
3. My friend listens to music every evening. (to listen)
4. They have cleaned their car. It looks new again. (to clean)
5. Listen! Mr. Jones is playing the piano. (to play)
6. She broke her left arm two weeks ago. (to break)
7. We are writing a test now. (to write)
8. Danny is going to read a book this evening. (to read)
9. Ken and Emily often have lunch at school. (to have)
10. He has lost his money. So he can't buy this hamburger. (to lose)

No comments:

Post a Comment